22/02/2011

MAC Peacocky Haul & Review ~! ♥

Photobucket
I got these eyeshadows a few weeks ago, and I've only found time to blog about them now! I love these MAC Peacocky eyeshadows. They have such silky buttery textures with amazing colour pay off. They are a lot like MAC Veluxe Pearls to the touch. I found myself drawn to a lot of colours, especially the light colours, neutrals and greys (not so much the loud colours as I hardly wear them). I walked away from the counter with these four:
Tweet Me, Dalliance, Top of the Posh and Prance.



Photobucket

Tweet Me is a light peach-gold duochrome. It is similar to Melon pigment, and it is a shade lighter than Expensive Pink eyeshadow.

Photobucket

Dalliance is a light greenish gold colour. It is very bright and shimmery.

Photobucket

Top of the Posh is a beautiful light pink colour with a gold duochrome.

Photobucket

Prance is a light neutral-taupe colour. Also beautiful!

I picked up only the lighter colours because I feel they are more versatile for every day/night out looks. If I had any more money to spare, I would also pick up Unflappable (dark grey-purple), Centre Stage (dark brown) and Spectacle of Yourself (dark reddish-brown).

The only thing I don't like about these eyeshadows is the large size and the larger price tag compared to the standard MAC eyeshadows. I'm sure I will not be able to finish a single one, and I would much prefer it if they were in smaller pans to fit my palette!


Here are swatches..

Photobucket

What do you think? Did you pick up anything from this collection?

♥
Photobucket

3 comments

  1. great picks! completely agree, while the peacock range is aimed at being bold and vibrant, i found the neutral colors more universal and flattering. love the new 'creamy-er' formula. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the haul....cant believe MAC actually have a blush called tweet me? Thats my fave shade from the bunch...might go to the store and try it on :)

    Xisses, Onyxsta

    http://say-bleurgh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Skin and Beauty Blog, your to-go beauty resource for skinformation, makeup reviews, tips and tricks. Feel free to contact us through a comment below and we will endeavor to respond as soon as possible. PLEASE comment through DISQUS otherwise your comment may not be published. Thank you!

Latest Instagrams

© The Skin and Beauty Blog. Design by Fearne.